St Mary’s College is an eSmart school working to ensure smart, safe and responsible use of the internet and the technology that supports it!
In 2016 St Mary’s College received formal accreditation as an eSmart school. eSmart is a program to assist schools to build and maintain positive culture and behaviours in relation to the use of digital technologies:-
• a whole-school approach;
• embraces technology’s benefits;
• reduces students’ and teachers’ exposure to risk. eSmart provides the framework to:
• guide and support schools to implement relevant cyber-safety policies, practices and curriculum;
• equip school communities, particularly children and young people, to be safe and responsible when using computers and mobile phones;
• reduce cyber-bullying and other cyber-risks.