Resilience and Exploration
Students in years 7-8 access a wide range of subjects, this allows students to develop a range of skills and knowledge that builds a solid platform for future years. They are encouraged to develop management strategies for interacting with a wide variety of teachers, differences in learning areas and with their peers, all within the complexity of secondary school structures.
- Students are encouraged to relate their learning to become active college community members.
- Students are supported to apply strategies of resilience and accountability in order to be confident, independent learners.
Learning overviews can be downloaded by clicking on the links below:
Year 7: 45 minutes (4 times per week)
Year 8: 1 hour (4 times per week)
Content- May include the following:
- Home Reading (class novel or independent)
- Mental Maths – Mathletics
- Research/Subject Based Work
- Revision/Assessment Tasks
Home / School Partnership
- Students are responsible for recording their home learning across the week.
- Outline Procedures at Term 1 Parent Teacher meeting
- Communication between home and school
- Lunchtime learning support sessions in Library Resource Centre
- Students use SIMON and Parents use PAM to access student assessment tasks and feedback about their learning.
Year 7 Learning Overview
Year 8 Learning Overview