Expanding Deep Learning, Becoming Independent.
Students in 5-6 expand their ability to work independently and take ownership of their learning. There is a focus on building resilience and problem solving. Learning becomes the responsibility of the student, supported by productive home-school partnerships.
- Students develop deeper thinking and reflect on their work, they look for improvement and consider a wider range of possibilities and ways to present their learning.
- Learning is taken beyond the classroom through learning experiences during the camps program.
- Specialist teachers broaden the range of learning in Indonesian, Art, Music and Performance and Physical Education.
Learning Overviews for each level, can be downloaded by clicking on the link below:-
30 minutes (4 times per week)
- Home Reading
- Maths Games/Mathletics/Times Tables
- SMART Spelling
- Inquiry Based Work
Home / School Partnership
- Students are responsible for recording their home learning across the week.
- Outline Procedures at Term 1 Parent Teacher meeting
- Communication between home and school
- Lunchtime learning support sessions in Library Resource Centre
- Students use SIMON and Parents use PAM to access student assessment tasks and feedback about their learning.
5-6 Learning Overview